Rules of Search
Our VIDEO SEARCH ENGINE, is incredibly easy to use: it works just the way you would expect it to work. For your review, below is the list of commonly used commands.
One-word search: To find videos containing the exact word, enter that word, then press Search. Our VIDEO SEARCH ENGINE will return a list of videos containing that word. The more often the word occurs in the video, the higher the video will rank in the list, with the video with the most occurrences of the word at the top of the list.
Multiple-word Search: Enter the words you want to search for, with a single space between the words, then press Search. For instance, enter the two words global warming, and our VIDEO SEARCH ENGINE will find every video containing either:
1. the word global
2. the word warming
3. both of the words.
Note: Videos containing both words will score higher in the Search Results page.
Phrase Search: To find videos that contain an exact phrase, enter the desired phrase within quotation marks: “global warming”. Our VIDEO SEARCH ENGINE will find every video with the phrase global warming in the transcription.
Special Operators: Our VIDEO SEARCH ENGINE special operators include the plus + and the minus– signs:
- global warming (No special operator. Our VIDEO SEARCH ENGINE finds videos that contain either word, or both)
- global +warming (Our VIDEO SEARCH ENGINE finds videos/documents that contain both words)
- global –warming (Our VIDEO SEARCH ENGINE finds videos/documents containing the first word but not the second word)
- –warming (VIDSE finds videos/documents that do not contain a word)
- Proximity Searches: Our VIDEO SEARCH ENGINE supports proximity searches implicitly in search results. Words which are closer together will score higher than words which are further apart, yielding a higher position in the search results